QUALITY OF LIFE
West Virginia is within 500 miles of more than half of the U.S. population – and one third of the Canadian population. An excellent interstate system lets residents live where they want, within easy access of larger metro areas of the Mid-Atlantic Region. Meanwhile, West Virginia doesn’t have the traffic and congestion. It doesn’t take an hour to commute 10 miles home, leaving you more time for family, hobbies and life!
The Mountain State enjoys natural wonders preserved in more than 200,000 acres of state parks and forests, with 800 miles of hiking trails and 5,000 acres of fishing waters. In 2019, West Virginia’s abundant outdoor adventures attracted 65.5 million visitors who spent $4.6 billion.
There are numerous places within HAZ for your employees to take local trips and vacations. Examples include:
- New River Gorge National Park is the United States’ newest national park which offers 70,000 acres of land and 53 miles of river for a variety of opportunities including whitewater rafting, canoeing, hiking, rock climbing, fishing, hunting, bird watching, camping, picnicking, and biking.
- Canaan Valley Resort State Park that provides lodging and activities for any occasion.
- Coopers Rock State Forest features canyon overlooks with some of West Virginia’s most iconic views.
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort provides activities for those exploring the Mountain State all year long, whether it is snowboarding in the winter or paddle boarding in the summer.
West Virginia is a hidden gem for individuals who enjoy adventure activities including hiking, biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, camping, ATV riding, whitewater rafting, and more.
West Virginia has received multiple recognitions for their tourism and exploration options. Some include:
- Best of the Blue Ridge 2022
- 20 Best Mountain Towns in America – Men’s Journal
- Best Places to Go in 2022 – Conde Nast
For more information on how to successfully explore the Mountain State, visit the West Virginia Tourism website here: https://wvtourism.com/.